Monday 15 October 2018

Electronics playing

It didn't work, no idea why. Just what I was worried about.
So, I simplified:



The connections are no longer sorted (simplified).
I actually drilled a 2.5 mm hole through PCB in center of IC base pad. After placing and soldering small pads, I soldered tinned copper wire to base of IC (from other side of PCB through hole) and filled with solder.
Still did not work!!!! Still no idea why.

I used a USB microscope to examine very carefully, all joints look good. All joints buzz out ok.
Maybe the oscillator is not good enough, maybe wrong choice of crystal, maybe wrong capacitor values, I would not have thought this would totally stop it working.
There is no recommendations from Espressif that I could find.
But, whilst I was looking at schematics to try to find a known good set of components, I came across this:
For breadboard, that is pretty close to what I want, ESP8285 with all pins broken out, a little PCB to translate connections to 0.1 inch bread board compatible and I'm up and running.
So, I've ordered 5.

What I want is some building blocks.
I want a block that is all basic known good components to give a basic working ESP8285 circuit.
A block that I can plug into a bread board and with other building blocks and quickly get something working.
A block I can put onto a PCB with other blocks to create what I want after bread board stage.
The ITead module should work as a stepping stone toward this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment