Wednesday 27 July 2016

Radio Control 6

Ok, so I was wrong, my dad said it looked too long and thin, searched web, the drawing I was using for the dimensions was wrong, whole front end was wrong. so I redesigned, it's different and fully useable :-)

Design from a long time ago, engine mounted cross wise, 3 stage gearbox, rear battery pack containing 5 off AAA batteries, front axle wrongly positioned. OpenSCAD exported image.

New design, engine mounted where it would be on a VW Beetle, 10:1 small worm drive gearbox, Li-Po batteries built into clip on command module, front axle correctly positioned, all wheels correctly placed. OpenSCAD exported image.

The actual model, mostly in coffee coloured PLA, original car chassis was painted in similar tan colour. wheels in white colour PLA and sprayed silver. Dimensions are correct, speed is scale 70 mph like original, I also just printed the a second set of parts and made the PCB for my controller, with luck have that assembled tomorrow.

I have body designed, have to print in 2 parts, working upon support to get the weird shape to print, NOT looking too good yet:



No comments:

Post a Comment