Wednesday 18 October 2017

Mechy

This is a toy I created for my 5 year old Grandson and 8 year old Granddaughter.
Basically it's just pieces with holes plus nuts and bolts for putting them together.
I've been working upon this for a couple of weeks, they took home the unfinished parts I had been working upon and have been happily playing with them ever since, their Mum and Dad are impressed and have been building things with them (I have no idea what).
Grandson is so happy with it that he has taken it to school for 'Show and Tell'.
A lot of pieces:

This is a design for a model that can be built, a hand cranked fan. 3:1 ratio gears mean fan turns at 3 times the speed you crank it:

Works well:

Here's a design slightly expanded with dual gear chain:


Not built it yet, there is also an incomplete design for a model Cessna single engined plane. Not printed all the bits for that yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment